Food Service at DECA
Deca Prep, Middle and High School have contracted with W.g. Grinders as the food service provider for our school meals (Breakfast and Lunch).
Meal Service Pickup During Virtual Learning
- Lunch (and a pre-packaged breakfast pack for the next day) will still be available at PREP daily (Monday-Friday) for all DECA students.
- Parents/family members are able to drive up to the Activity Center doors off Homewood (same doors as arrival last school year) between 11:00 am to 12:30 pm to pick up lunch/breakfast.
- If you are not able to come each day and need to arrange to get additional lunches, please email Ms. Ketterer at email@example.com to make arrangements.
As part of the 2020-21 school year, W.g. Grinders will meet all county health requirements including but not limited to:
- Face coverings at all times for all employees
- Daily temperature checks for all employees
- Sanitizing before pre-preparation, during meal distribution and as needed with an approved food safe sanitizer as well as wear the appropriate gloves
- Meal distribution will be handled in a safe manner whether it be for virtual learning, classroom feeding or in the cafeteria with safe distancing
Please see the links below, pertaining to the food service operations for all DECA sites:
Provision II Meal Status - Pilot program for ALL students to eat for FREE for 2020-21.
2020-21 Free and Reduced Price Meal Application - All families must reapply ANNUALLY
- Click HERE to read through the instructions
- Click HERE for FAQ’s related to the free and reduced meal application
- Click HERE for the link to the online application
- Same login as used last year
- Please note if completing the application on your hand-held device you will need to use this URL - http://www.myfreedomcafe.com/DECA and you will need to complete the application via the webpage version (the app is not able to be used)
- A computer is recommended for completion of the online application.
- Families UNABLE to complete online can pick-up a paper application either during meal service time or from the school office. You may also request a copy be emailed or mailed to your home. You are required to return the completed form to the school/meal pick up site
- Click HERE for the Healthy Start, Healthy Families flyer informing households of the opportunity to apply for free health care coverage