The mission of the Children’s Defense Fund (CDF) is to ensure every child a healthy start, a head start, a fair start, a safe start and a moral start in life and successful passage to adulthood with the help of caring families and communities.
The CDF Freedom Schools® program provides summer and after-school enrichment through a research-based and multicultural program model that supports K-12 scholars and their families through five essential components:
- high quality academic and character-building enrichment;
- parent and family involvement;
- civic engagement and social action;
- intergenerational servant leadership development;
- and nutrition, health and mental health.
This year, DECA is offering Freedom Schools to all rising 1st - 8th grade at DECA PREP.
This is a first come first serve format
click this link
fill out your application.
Filling this out does not guarantee your participation.
We will be in touch with you to let you know if there was a slot available.